- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
June 4, 2020
Posted: June 3, 2020 9:45 a.m.
As a precautionary measure to help prevent exposure and the spread of COVID-19, the Board of Aldermen of the City of Memphis is adjusting the format of its June 4, 2020 Meeting. In order to balance both the need for continuity of government and protection of the health and safety of our residents, business persons and employees, this meeting of the Board of Aldermen will not be open to public attendance in person. The meeting will be accessible by the public in real time ONLY by an audio conference call. Instructions to phone into the meeting: (1) Dial 1-786-535-3211; (2) Enter Access Code: 447676157. To join from your computer, tablet or smartphone go to: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/447676157.
Persons interested in making their views known on any matter on the agenda should send an email with their comments to the City Clerk at email@example.com. All comments received will be distributed to the entire Board at or before the meeting.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience the meeting format change may pose to individuals but it is extremely important that extra measures be taken to protect employees, residents, and elected officials during these challenging times.
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING & VOTE TO CLOSE PART OF THE MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City of Memphis Board of Aldermen will conduct an open meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at Memphis City Hall, 125 West Jefferson, Memphis, Missouri.
The tentative agenda of this meeting includes:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PAYMENT OF BILLS
- CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Proposed Job Descriptions
- NEW BUSINESS
- Water System Improvements Pay Request #8
- Airport Liability Insurance Quotes
- Adopt City Administrator Evaluation Procedures
- Adopt Utility Supt. Evaluation Procedures
- Discussion Regarding Re-Opening of Restrooms/Shower House/Playground Equipment
- Spring Bulk Clean-up
- Set Organizational Meeting Date
- City Administrator
- Utility Superintendent
- Department Heads
- The tentative agenda of this meeting includes a vote to close part of this meeting pursuant to RSMo. 610.021(1) – Legal actions, causes of action or litigation and any confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body or its representatives and its attorneys; and 610.021(3) – hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees.