Posted: Wednesday June 30, 2021 10:00 a.m.
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING & VOTE TO CLOSE PART OF THE MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City of Memphis Board of Aldermen will conduct an open meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 1, 2021 at the Memphis City Hall, 125 W. Jefferson, Memphis, Missouri.
The tentative agenda of this meeting includes:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PAYMENT OF BILLS
- CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- MOPERM Epidemiological Coverage
- NEW BUSINESS
- Airport Pay Request #14
- J’aviation(Project manager, Bryan Gregory)
- Water System Improvements Pay Request #20
- McClure(Project Engineer, Phillip Wilson)
- Bill No. 21-5———-Amending Section 215.120 Weeds, High Grass and other Vegetation.
- Audit Report
- Utility Superintendent
- Department Heads
- The tentative agenda of this meeting includes a vote to close part of this meeting pursuant to 610.021(3) – hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees; RSMo. 610.021(1) – legal actions, causes of action or litigation and any confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body and its attorneys. RSMo. 610.021(17) Confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body and its auditor, including all auditor work product; however, all final audit reports issued by the auditor are to be considered open records pursuant to this chapter;
BILL NO. 21-5 ORDINANCE NO. 1174
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTION 215.120 WEEDS, HIGH GRASS OR OTHER VEGETATION OF THE MUNICIPAL CODE OF
THE CITY OF MEMPHIS, MISSOURI
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN OF THE CITY OF MEMPHIS, MISSOURI, AS FOLLOWS:
- Section 215.120 of Chapter 215 of the Municipal Code of the City of Memphis, Missouri, is hereby amended by repealing Section 215.120 and replacing it with a new Section 215.120, as follows:
Section 215.120. Weeds, High Grass or Other Vegetation.
- Failure to Keep Weeds, High Grass And Other Vegetation Cut And Removed, A All persons owning or occupying any lot or tract of land in the City shall keep the weeds, high grass and other vegetation growing on such property cut and removed. Whenever such weeds, high grass or other vegetation shall attain the height of eight (8) inches, it shall be deemed a public nuisance.
- Unlawful To Maintain Such It shall be unlawful for any person to create or maintain a nuisance as defined in Subsection (A).
- Whenever weeds, high grass or other vegetation in violation of Subsection (A) of this Section are allowed to grow on any part of any lot or ground within the City, the owner of the ground, or in case of joint tenancy, tenancy by entireties or tenancy in common, each owner thereof shall be liable.
- The Marshal shall give a hearing after ten (10) days’ notice thereof either personally or by United States mail to the owner or owners, or his/her or their agents, or by posting such notice on the premises; thereupon, the Marshal may declare the weeds, high grass or other vegetation to be a nuisance and order the same to be abated within five (5) days.
- In case the weeds, high grass or other vegetation are not cut down and removed within the five (5) days, the Marshal shall have the weeds, high grass or other vegetation cut down and removed and shall certify the costs of same to the City Clerk.
- Tax Bill. The City Clerk shall cause a special tax bill therefore against the property to be prepared and to be collected by the Collector with other taxes assessed against the property; and the tax bill from the date of its issuance shall be a first lien on the property until paid and shall be prima facie
evidence of the recitals therein and of its validity, and no mere clerical error or informality in the same, or in the proceedings leading up to the issuance, shall be a defense thereto. Each special tax bill shall be issued by the City Clerk and delivered to the Collector on or before the first day of June of each year. Such tax bills if not paid when due shall bear interest at the rate of eight percent (8%) per annum.
- If any portion of this Ordinance is declared illegal or void by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of the Ordinance shall survive and not be affected
- All Ordinances or parts of Ordinances in conflict with this Ordinance are hereby repealed insofar as they do
- This Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and approval.
PASSED AFTER HAVING BEEN READ BY TITLE TWO TIMES PRIOR TO PASSAGE BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN OF THE CITY OF MEMPHIS, MISSOURI, THIS 1st DAY OF JULY, 2021.
APPROVED BY THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF MEMPHIS, MISSOURI, THIS 1ST DAY OF JULY, 2021.
Aaron Dale, Mayor
Nicole Beard, City Clerk